About this tour
Bundi is situated in the Hadoti region in the state of Rajasthan. Bundi is also known as the blue city of Eastern Rajasthan. Bundi is famous for its forts, palaces, and baoris (stepwell) and their magnificent architecture. The city is filled with more than 50 step-wells among which Raniji Ki Baori is the most visted one. The ambiguity and serenity of the Bundi attracts tourists from all over the world and one should definitely explore historical sights of Bundi. Come and experience this entrancing town of Bundi.
Spend a day in Bundi and discover top historical tourist places in Bundi, explore the beautiful Taragarh Fort, Bundi Palace, Sukh Mahal and Rani’s Step Well’s which are very popular in the area and are worth visiting.
You will be picked up from your desired location in Jaipur and then will driven to Bundi. The distance from Jaipur to Bundi is approx 210 kms and may take up to 4 hours. Upon reaching, you will explore the below mentioned landmarks of the city, guests are free to visit any other place in Bundi which might not be in the list:
- Taragarh Fort. Built in the 16th century, this is one of the most famous forts in Rajasthan due to its intricate structures and a highly-regarded painting gallery.
- Rani Ji Ki Baori (Queen’s Step Well). The most famous step well in Bundi, it was built in 1699 by the spurned queen. It is 46 meters deep and includes 200 steps.
- Garh Palace is another popular tourist attraction in Bundi It is a cluster of palaces that were built over a period of centuries by rulers of Bundi.
- Sukh Mahal was built during the reign of Umed Singh. It is situated on the edge of Jait Sagar, popularly known as Sukh Sagar.
- Lake Nawal Sagar is an artificial lake that is a major tourist attraction and can even be seen from the Taragarh Fort. There is a half-submerged temple dedicated to Lord Varun Dev in its centre. What makes the lake unique is that one can see the reflection of nearby palaces and forts in its waters.
- Lake Jait Sagar Located close to the Taragarh Fort, this picturesque lake is surrounded by hills and covered with pretty lotus flowers that bloom during winter and monsoon.
- 84 Pillared Cenotaph: As the name suggests, the 84 Pillared Cenotaph is a structure supported by 84 columns. Commissioned by Rao Anirudh, the Maharaja of Bundi, this cenotaph is a tribute to his beloved wet nurse, Deva, who he loved dearly. A popular tourist attraction, this impressive structure is decorated with carvings of deer, elephants and apsaras.
- Dhabhai Kund Shaped like an inverted pyramid, the Dabhai Kund, also known as Jail Kund, is the largest of its kind in Bundi. The fantastic carvings on the steps that lead to the water alone are reason enough to warrant a visit.
After visiting all above places return back to Jaipur after the sightseeing of Bundi. The guests will be dropped back to the hotel/residence, 4 hours from the starting time from Bundi.
Book a car on rent at Jaipur to Bundi @ lowest price. Our courteous drivers will make your trip memorable when you choose one day taxi tour from Jaipur to Bundi.